#GAAyouth Forum - Back for 2019!
Applications for the Forum are now closed.
We are also looking for volunteers (aged 16+) to help out on the day - click here for further information and to apply to be a volunteer by Sunday 20th October!
The #GAAyouth Forum 2019 will take place on Saturday 26th October in Croke Park!
This year's Forum is organised by the GAA YouthReps and run in partnership with Sky Sports. It is FREE and will be fun and informative with a mix of interactive exhibitions, workshops, a youth congress, high profile speakers and a Q&A session.
With workshops designed for three specific age groups (12/13; 14/15; 16 - 21 years), players will have the chance to learn invaluable tips and tools that will help them to develop as a player and as a person.
We have a number of activities confirmed for the Forum so far:
- The Exhibition Zone will return for 2019 with interactive demos and stalls for all - don't forget to drop by the selfie stand for a pic with Sam and Liam as well as pick up your goodie bag!
- Behind the Scenes Tours will be held with selected age groups and players will have a chance to see the Stadium like never before;
- Workshops and Talks will take place throughout the day on a range of issues that effect young players;
- A Youth Congress will be held with the oldest age group to discuss and debate matters of importance in Gaelic games today;
- The Q&A Panel will take the hot seat at the end of the day - stay posted to see who we have lined up to answer your questions;
- Lunch Hub - keep the energy levels high and enjoy the best grub Croker has to offer... all for free!
Registration is from 9.30am, the Forum commences at 11am and concludes at 4.30pm.
Report to GAA Management
The GAA YouthReps delivered a report on the #GAAyouth Forum 2018 to the GAA Management Committee on Friday 18th January. The full report is available to download below.
The report focused on the feedback gathered at the Forum as part of the Communication Consultation with the 14/15 age-group as well as the Youth Congress with the 16+ age-group. The YouthReps put forward four key recommendations as part of the Report and these were accepted by GAA Management as follows:
- That the report be circulated by An Coiste Bainistíochta to every County for consideration and discussion at a meeting of the County Management Committee.
- That the YouthReps be provided with opportunities to present this report and relevant findings to the following Central Committees: Communications Committee; All-Ireland Post-Primary Schools Council; National Club Committee.
- That the YouthReps be invited as observers to GAA Congress 2019 so that they can report on the outcomes of the Congress subsequently at the #GAAyouth Forum 2019.
- That the YouthReps - in conjunction with the Youth Committee - be provided with an opportunity to develop an Action Plan arising from the feedback from the 2018 #GAAyouth Forum. Proposals from the Action Plan to be presented to An Coiste Bainstíochta at a later date. The Action Plan will include reference to:
Development and communication of a youth-friendly version of the Code of Behaviour;
Pilot of a Youth Forum at Provincial or Regional level;
Development of a national programme/initiative to recognise the efforts of youth volunteers and encourage youth volunteering;
Identification of steps that Counties/Clubs can take to raise awareness amongst young players of opportunities to volunteer/upskill as a volunteer;
Examination of how technology and social media can be used effectively to gather the views of young people on matters of strategic importance.