Our vision is that everybody is welcomed to participate fully in our games and culture, that they thrive and develop their potential, and be inspired to keep a lifelong engagement with our Association.
The GAA is a community-based volunteer organisation promoting Gaelic games, Gaelic culture and lifelong participation.
- Community Identity
- Amateur Status
- Player Welfare
- Teamwork and Volunteerism
- Improve opportunities for participating in Gaelic games
- Develop our volunteers and administrators
- Govern and administer our affairs more efficiently
- Communicate GAA messages better to our members and followers
- Protect and grow our Association
- Achieve a better balance between club and county fixtures
- Counter challenges and capitalise on opportunities presented by population shifts
- Enhance integration across the Gaelic games family
- Mitigate inter-county team preparation and administration challenges
- Revamp specialised and personal development opportunities for volunteers and administrators
- Streamline administration at club and county levels
- Sustain our amateur status value
- Strengthen communication of organisational messages
We will undertake a thorough approach to the implementation of the Strategic Plan which will involve:
- The establishment of an Implementation Committee which will be chaired by the Uachtarán.
- The delegation of specific objectives to the most appropriate people and groups to take the lead on delivering.
- The creation of operational plans setting out yearly-goals, targets, lead responsibilities and the initial steps to be taken.
- The on-going monitoring of progress against the indicators set out in the plan.
- Regular reporting to An Coiste Bainistíochta.
The Strategic Plan will incorporate a rolling element to ensure that it remains flexible whereby the approaches within it will be reviewed on a regular basis by An Coiste Bainistíochta.