GAA Purpose, Vision and Values
Our purpose is to promote Gaelic games, culture and lifelong participation as a community-based, volunteer-led organisation which enriches lives and communities.
- We are dedicated to ensuring that our games and values enrich the lives of our members, families, and the communities we serve.
- We are committed to active lifelong participation for all.
- We provide safe and inclusive facilities and environments for everyone.
- We are committed to applying a sustainable development ethos to managing our resources and activities.
- We actively seek to engage with and include all members of our society.
- We promote individual development and well-being and strive to enable all our members to achieve their full potential in their chosen roles.
- Community and Club is at the heart of our Association
- Everything we do helps to enrich the communities we serve
- We foster a clear sense of identity and place
- We support our members in contributing to the well-being of their respective communities
- All our players and members participate in our games as amateurs
- We provide a games programme at all levels to meet the needs of all our players
- We safeguard our position as the leading amateur games organisation in the world
- We welcome everybody to be part of our Association
- We are open to diverse opinions and cultures while respecting our Irish heritage and language
- We cater for all abilities
- We respect each other on and off the playing field
- We operate with integrity
- We listen to and respect the views of all
- We provide the best playing experience for all our players
- We structure our games to allow players of all abilities to enjoy our sports and reach their potential
- As with our players, we value the welfare and wellbeing of all our members
Teamwork and Volunteerism
- We are a volunteer-led and democratic organisation
- We flourish through the voluntary efforts of our membership
- Our voluntary ethos inspires the engagement of members in the broader community
- The cornerstone of our Association and sustainability is effective teamwork on and off the field
- We celebrate and support the contributions of our volunteers and employees
Our vision is a sustainable community-based and volunteer-led Association where as many as possible, participate in Gaelic games and culture, for as long as possible.
Our strategy to realise this vision is based on six Key Focus Areas which are:
- Games - providing the best possible games experience for players and spectators
- People - giving unrivalled role support and personal development opportunities to players, volunteers and employees
- Clubs and Communities – supporting Club and community survival and growth
- Communication – striving for a more connected Association
- Governance and Operations – modernising our governance and operations as part of One Association
- Resources – ensuring the sustainability of our finances, facilities and Association
To learn more, please read our strategic plan - 'Aontas 2026 - Towards One GAA for All' - which is available at: https://www.gaa.ie/the-gaa/administration/strategic-plan
Contact us at: Info@gaa.ie