John West Féile Peile na nÓg
The John West Féile Peile na nÓg is a Club festival for Gaelic football and Ladies Gaelic football at Under 15 level, involving teams from across the country. The John West Féile Peile na nÓg will be held on 2nd July 2022.
Féile provides an opportunity for:
- Under 15 players to participate in an annual Festival of Hurling/Camogie, Gaelic Football/Ladies Gaelic football, Rounders and Handball.
- Clubs to experience playing against teams from other Counties/Provinces/Countries.
- Clubs to foster links with other Clubs in other Counties/Provinces/Countries.
- Counties to celebrate Gaelic games by acting as hosts.
A core aim of Féile tournaments is to promote a philosophy whereby every player has the opportunity to participate and play in their respective Féile tournament at a level commensurate to their age, skills and strengths.
John West Féile 2022 - How It Works
This year, the 2022 John West Féile is going to run a little different to previous years.
- The Division 2 & 3 winners from each county will go onto participate in a one day event at the John West Regional Féile Days where clubs will battle it out for the chance to become regional champions.
- These regional events will take place at host clubs and GAA centres across the country on the 28th May for Hurling/Camogie and on the 2nd June for Football/Ladies Football.
- The Division 1 winners from each county will go onto participate in the John West National Féile Days, which will also be a one day event.
- The National Hurling/Camogie day will be played out at venues across Dublin and Meath on the 25th June and the Football/Ladies Football across Dublin and Kildare on the 2nd July.
The values of the competition still remain focused on participation, inclusion, and on making memories as together, thousands of young Gaelic football and Ladies Gaelic football players will celebrate the 2022 National John West Féile Peile na nÓg.