John West Féile na nGael
The John West Féile na nGael is a Club festival for Hurling and Camogie at Under 15 level, involving teams from across the Association. The John West Féile na nGael National tournaments involve Hurling/Camogie, Rounders and Handball.
This year's Féile na nGael will be held on 24 June 2023.
Féile provides an opportunity for:
- Under 15 players to participate in an annual Festival of Hurling/Camogie, Gaelic Football/Ladies Gaelic football, Rounders and Handball.
- Clubs to experience playing against teams from other Counties/Provinces/Countries.
- Clubs to foster links with other Clubs in other Counties/Provinces/Countries.
- Counties to celebrate Gaelic games by acting as hosts.
A core aim of Féile tournaments is to promote a philosophy whereby every player has the opportunity to participate and play in their respective Féile tournament at a level commensurate to their age, skills and strengths.
John West Féile 2023 - How It Works
- The Division 2 & 3 winners from each county will go onto participate in a one day event at the John West Regional Féile Days where clubs will battle it out for the chance to become regional champions.
- These regional events will take place at host clubs and GAA centres across the country on the 24th June for Hurling/Camogie and on the 1st July for Football/Ladies Football.
- The Division 1 winners from each county will go onto participate in the John West National Féile Days, which will also be a one-day event.
- The National Feile days will be hosted by Connacht GAA in the Connacht GAA Centre and in surrounding club venues. The National Hurling/Camogie day will be on the 24th June and the National Football/Ladies Football day will be on the 1st July.
The values of the competition still remain focused on participation, inclusion, and on making memories as together, thousands of young hurlers and camogie players will celebrate the 2023 National John West Féile na nGael.