Brian Fenton, Raheny, and Shane O'Leary, St Vincent's, in Dublin SFC action at Parnell Park. Photo by Tyler Miller/Sportsfile
Brian Fenton, Raheny, and Shane O'Leary, St Vincent's, in Dublin SFC action at Parnell Park. Photo by Tyler Miller/Sportsfile

Weekend's club championship round-up


Holders Cargin finished strongly, defeating St Brigid's 2-6 to 0-6 in the Antrim SFC Semi-Final.

Trailing by three points early in the second half, Cargin responded impressively.

Conhuir Johnston and Kevin O'Boyle grabbed crucial goals for Cargin, who will face Dunloy in the decider.

A first final in 83 years beckons for Dunloy, who overcame Portglenone 2-8 to 0-10 on Friday.

Karl Fitzpatrick and Nigel Elliott netted opening period goals for Dunloy, who are enjoying a fantastic campaign.


The Armagh SFC Semi-Finals pairings are confirmed with Clann Éireann facing Clann na Gael, while Madden will meet Crossmaglen Rangers.

On Friday Shae Vallely scored a first half goal as Madden beat Ballymacnab 1-8 to 0-6.

Sean Mackle was Clan na Gael's goalscorer in a 1-9 to 0-7 success over Killeavy.

Clan Éireann delivered when it counted in the closing stages to overcome Silverbridge Harps 2-10 to 1-6.

Daniel Magee and Conor Turbitt netted goals for Clan Éireann.

Champions Crossmaglen had to be resilient before eventually shrugging off Armagh Harps' challenge.

Cross prevailed 0-21 to 2-12 after extra-time with Cian McConville, Jamie Clarke, and the O'Neill's, Oisín and Rian, landing important points during a well contested match.


Éire Óg and Tinryland advanced to the Carlow SFC following a tense Sunday at Netwatch Cullen Park.

Turlough O'Brien's Éire Óg defeated Rathvilly 4-3 on penalties, following a 1-9 to 0-12 draw after extra-time.

Promising teenager Josh Brady struck the decisive penalty for Éire Óg.

In the other match Tinryland, beaten finalists last year, were 0-8 to 0-3 winners against Bagenalstown Gaels.


There was no shortage of drama in the Cavan SFC at the weekend.

Two replays will be required at the Quarter-Final stage after Ramor United drew with Laragh, while Killygarry and Gowna also finished level.

Kingscourt Stars and Crosserlough are the two clubs through to the last four.

Peter Corrigan scored a goal as Kingscourt defeated Cavan Gaels, who had four players sent off, 1-10 to 0-9.

Crosserlough were convincing 3-15 to 0-5 victors against Ballinagh courtesy of goals from Harry Boylan, Paddy Lynch, and Oran Rehill.

On Friday evening Ramor United and Laragh ended in a 1-12 to 3-6 draw, while on Saturday Gowna and Killygarry finished in a 2-11 to 0-17 stalemate.


Mark Rodgers scored 3-12 as Scariff defeated Cloney Quin 3-19 to 1-22 in a Clare SHC Quarter-Final on Saturday.

Rodgers' brilliant display helped to secure a crucial win for a promising Cloney Quin outfit.

Crusheen produced a splendid opening period performance to claim a 3-7 to 1-7 win over Newmarket.

Breffni Horner (two) and Fergus Kennedy scored Crusheen's goals.

Inspired by the excellent John Conlon, who contributed five points, Clonlara beat Éire Óg at Cusack Park, 1-14 to 0-14.

David Reidy was sharp for Éire Óg, landing 0-12, but Colm O'Meara's goal for Clonlara was a key moment.

Feakle struck four late scores in a row to edge past Kilmayley, 1-18 to 2-13.

Gary Guilfoyle struck four points on the spin late on for Feakle.

Clarecastle were relegated to the intermediate ranks following a disappointing 1-16 to 1-13 defeat against O'Callaghan's Mills.


Brian Hurley and Mark Collins were influential figures as Castlehaven defeated Ballincollig 0-14 to 1-8 in the Cork SFC Quarter-Finals.

Hurley scored 0-4, including three points from play, while Collins added two vital scores for 'Haven.

A late Dara Dorgan goal gave Ballincollig hope, but Castlehaven survived.

Nemo Rangers edged out Clonakilty by 0-5 to 0-4 in Bandon.

Mark Cronin finished with three points for Nemo, including a crucial late effort.

Paul O'Donovan's charges will face the winners of Douglas and Duhallow at the penultimate stage.

St Finbarr's will clash with Castlehaven in the other Semi-Final on October 8 at Páirc Uí Chaoimh.


The Donegal SFC Quarter-Final pairings have been confirmed.

Naomh Conaill will play Kilcar, while Ardara are set to face Gaoth Dobhair.

The meeting of Aodh Ruadh and St Eunan's will attract some interest, while Glenswilly clash with Seán MacCumhaills.

Seán MacCumhaills defeated Four Masters 0-15 to 3-4 in the Preliminary Quarter-Finals.

Oisín Gallen starred for MacCumhaills, registering seven points, including five from play.

Eamon McGee supplied the winning score as Gaoth Dobhair defeated Dungloe, 0-10 to 1-6.

Teenager Karl Joseph Molloy scored 1-8 as Ardara impressed in a 2-13 to 0-10 victory over Cloughaneely.

Prompted by Michael Murphy, Glenswilly cruised to a comfortable 1-16 to 0-10 triumph over Glenfin.


Ballycran overcame Newry Shamrocks 1-11 to 1-9 in the Down SHC.

Portaferry were far too strong for Bredagh, earning a 4-26 to 1-7 win.


Inspired by Brian Talty and Brian Fenton, Raheny reached the Dublin SFC Semi-Finals following a 0-14 to 1-8 success over St Vincent's.

Tomás Quinn netted a 12th minute penalty for Vincent's, but Raheny advanced and will meet Kilmacud Crokes next.

AIB All-Ireland Club champions Crokes defeated Ballymun Kickhams 0-14 to 0-10.

Cian O'Connor, Paul Mannion, and Shane Walsh struck important points for Crokes.

Darragh Rooney scored 1-7 as St Jude's defeated Cuala 2-11 to 2-10 in a tight Dublin SFC Quarter-Final at Parnell Park.

Tom Lahiff also scored a goal for Jude's with Con O'Callaghan clipping 1-4 for Cuala.

Ballyboden St Enda's were 1-19 to 0-11 winners against Castleknock.

Ryan Basquel's 49th minute goal from a penalty sealed the deal as Ballyboden prevailed.

The Semi-Final encounter between Jude's and Ballyboden promises to be interesting.


East Kerry, without some key performers, still proved too strong for West Kerry in Lispole, registering a 0-17 to 0-9 victory.

Dara Roche and Patrick Darcy were in good scoring form for East Kerry, who are safely through to the Quarter-Finals.

Templenoe also advanced following a 0-10 to 1-6 triumph over South Kerry with Killian Spillane rifling over five points.

Dingle enjoyed a 1-10 to 0-5 success over St Brendan's Board with Mikey Geaney grabbing a goal from a penalty.

Cian Murphy's major was a vital score as Spa beat Kerins O'Rahilly's 1-10 to 0-11.

Mid Kerry defeated Shannon Rangers 4-7 to 1-10, while Rathmore overcame Feale Rangers 1-16 to 1-5.

Shane Ryan, the Kerry goalkeeper, was hugely effective again scoring three points as a full forward for Rathmore.

Diarmuid O'Connor was industrious as Na Gaeil beat Dr Crokes 0-10 to 0-9.


Athy set up a Kildare SFC Semi-Final meeting with Celbridge following a 0-8 to 0-4 win over Raheens.

Niall Kelly was the star for Athy, scoring four vital points.

Alex Beirne's 1-4 haul steered Naas to a 1-12 to 0-8 victory over Moorefield.

Eamonn Callaghan scored three points for Naas.

Sam McCormack (2), Brian McLoughlin, and Oisín Tighe were Clane's goalscorers in a 4-9 to 3-3 win over Johnstownbridge.

Kevin Flynn's goal was a key score as Celbridge defeated Sarsfields 1-14 to 1-11.


TJ Reid blasted two goals as Ballyhale Shamrocks defeated Danesfort 2-16 to 0-14.

Reid was a significant contributor for Shamrocks, who are looking to win a sixth Kilkenny SHC title on the spin.

Ballyhale will face Dicksboro at the Quarter-Final stage.

Glenmore, beaten by Dicksboro, will face Bennettsbridge in the last eight.

James Stephens, managed by Brian Cody, will be against Graigue-Ballycallan.

The meeting of O'Loughlin Gaels and Mullinavat is another game on the agenda in the Quarter-Finals.


It was a dramatic afternoon at Laois Hire O'Moore Park as Abbeyleix and Camross won thrilling matches.

Laois goalkeeper Enda Rowland scored a goal direct from a puckout as Abbeyleix defeated Rathdowney-Errill by 3-20 to 3-18 after extra-time.

It means Abbeyleix have reached a Laois senior decider for the first time in 74 years.

Camross, the most prolific winners of the competition with 26 titles, defeated Clough-Ballacolla 2-1 on penalties, following a 4-14 to 2-20 draw after extra-time.

Tomás Keyes netted the decisive penalty for Camross, who last won the Laois title in 2018.


Mohill and St Mary's Kiltoghert earned Leitrim SFC Semi-Final victories on Sunday.

Two extra-time goals from Eanna Madden and Keith Beirne, whos finished with 1-10, ensured Mohill overcame Fenagh St Caillins 2-13 to 0-13.

Holders St Mary's survived a tough test against Ballinamore Seán O'Heslins to secure a 0-12 to 1-6 win.

Paul Keaney, Conor Hackett, Jack Casey, and Diarmuid Kelleher impressed for St Mary's Kiltoghert.


Adare defeated Monaleen 0-17 to 1-7 in Group Two of the Limerick SHC.

Despite the win, Adare miss out on qualification with Mungret St Paul's and Ballybrown advancing.

Mungret St Paul's overcame Ballybrown 2-17 to 0-20.

Liam Lynch was excellent for Mungret St Paul's with Barry Duffy also netting a goal.


Dreadnots defeated Cooley Kickhams 0-9 to 0-8 in the Louth SFC Quarter-Finals on Friday.

Jay Hughes scored four points for Dreadnots with Anthony Williams having a significant impact.

St Patrick's, managed by former Dublin star Johnny Magee, defeated St Mochta's 1-13 to 1-8.

Danny O'Connor's goal late in the first half was a vital moment as Pat's advanced.

Ardee St Mary's were always in control against St Joseph's, advancing to the last four on a 3-12 to 0-8 scoreline.

Carl Gillespie, Ciarán Keenan, and Daire McConon scored Ardee's goals.


Despite not scoring in the second half, Ratoath still beat Wolfe Tones 0-7 to 0-6 in Sunday's Meath SFC Semi-Final.

Ratoath, with Daithí McGowan prominent, led at half-time by 0-7 to 0-3.

After the restart Daniel O'Neill, Caolan Ward, and Fiachra Ward landed points for Wolfe Tones, but Ratoath held on.

Summerhill overcame Donaghmore/Ashbourne in the first Semi-Final on Saturday evening.

Level at 0-7 each with 12 minutes remaining, Summerhill, with Eoghan Frayne instrumental, finished smartly.


Tullamore defeated Ferbane in the Offaly SFC. Click here for the match report.


Boyle, beaten finalists in 2022, defeated Clann na nGael 1-11 to 2-4 in the last eight of the Roscommon SFC.

Trailing 1-4 to 0-3 at the break, Boyle, with Cian McKeon, Donie and Enda Smith effective, responded to set up a Semi-Final tussle against Pádraig Pearses.

West Roscommon were beaten 1-13 to 1-7 by Pearses with Paul Carey netting a fourth minute goal for the winners.

St Brigid's proved far too strong for North Roscommon, emerging 7-15 to 0-7 victors.

Ben O'Carroll (four), Ciarán Sugrue (two), and Bobby Nugent scored goals for Brigid's.

Roscommon Gaels are also through to the penultimate round following a penalty shootout win over Oran.

The teams finished level, 3-7 to 0-16, after extra-time, but Gaels won the shootout 5-4.


Tourlestrane, who have won every Sligo SFC since 2015, were knocked out at the weekend.

Drumcliffe/Rosses Point defeated Tourlestrane 1-8 to 0-8 on Saturday.

Coolera/Strandhill overcame Tubbercurry 2-17 to 1-9 to advance from the group alongside Drumcliffe/Rosses Point.


Holders Clonmel Commercials posted an emphatic 4-17 to 0-7 victory over Ballina in the Tipperary SFC Quarter-Finals on Saturday.

A last gasp Ben Owens point guided Moyle Rovers to a 1-10 to 0-12 success over Loughmore-Castleiney.

Penalties were required as Upperchurch-Drombane defeated Kilsheelan-Kilcash.

Level at 0-9 each after extra-time in Boherlahan, Upperchurch won the shootout 7-6.

The Shanahan brothers, Liam and Paul, were effective for Upperchurch.

Upperchurch goalkeeper James Griffin was an influential figure.

JK Brackens registered a 2-10 to 3-3 win over Killenaule.

Jack Kennedy and Cathal Scully were Brackens' goalscorers.


Important matches are arriving thick and fast in the Tyrone SFC.

The Quarter-Final pairings have been confirmed following some exciting action in the opening round.

Next Saturday Moortown St Malachy's face Errigal Ciaran at Loughmacrory.

On the same day Edendork clash with Trillick.

Dungannon and Dromore meet on Sunday, with Ardboe facing Coalisland.

Darren McCurry's nine point contribution mattered deeply in Edendork's 0-14 to 1-4 win over Carrickmore.

Shea O'Hare struck 1-2 as Ardboe beat Omagh 1-8 to 1-6.

Coalisland enjoyed a 2-11 to 0-7 success over Pomeroy as Bailey Leonard and Tiarnan Quinn netted goals.

Late points from Odhran and Niall Sludden ensured Dromore defeated Galbally 1-8 to 2-3.

On Friday Trillick defeated Loughmacrory 4-3 on penalties following a 0-13 each draw after extra-time.

Moortown had a surprise 2-8 to 1-10 win over Donaghmore.


In the Waterford SFC The Nire defeated An Rinn 2-12 to 0-6.

Aaron Ryan and Tholom Guiry struck goals for The Nire.


Lough Lene Gaels defeated Castletown-Geoghegan 1-16 to 1-15 to set up a Westmeath SHC Final against Raharney.

There was plenty of excitement as Derek McNicholas' goal in the closing stages ensured Lough Lene Gaels beat the 2022 champions.


Following the last round of group games the Wexford SFC Quarter-Final pairings were confirmed no Sunday.

Castletown face Starlights, while Glynn-Barntown are set to meet Gusserane O'Rahillys.

On the opposite side of the draw Kilanerin wil meet HWH Bunclody, while Shelmaliers and St Anne's Rathangan also clash in the last eight.


Carnew Emmets defeated Kiltegan 3-1 on penalties after a tight match finished level, 0-14 to 1-11 extra-time.

Padraig Doran and Mark Murphy traded scores at the end of extra-time with penalties necessary to determine who joined Bray Emmets in the final.

On Saturday Bray Emmets were 2-17 to 0-8 victors over Glenealy.

Christy Moorehouse and Eoin McCormack scored goals for Bray Emmets.