GAA Injury Benefit Fund
The mandatory benefit fund provides benefits to registered members playing the national games of Hurling, Gaelic Football, Handball and Rounders’ whose clubs are registered with the fund.
The GAA Injury Benefit Fund is a Self-funded benefit fund funded entirely from GAA funds with no outside involvement. The GAA Injury Benefit Fund does not seek to compensate fully for Injuries sustained but to supplement other Schemes such as Personal Accident or Health Insurance.
The playing of our national games involves the risk of Injury and it is each individual registered player’s responsibility to familiarise themselves with the terms and benefits of the GAA Injury Benefit Fund. The Injury Benefit Fund only provides cover for unrecoverable losses up to the limits specified. The responsibility to ensure that adequate cover is in place lies with the individual member and members should not use the fund as their only recourse or be dependent on the fund to compensate them fully for any losses associated with the injury sustained.
NEW ADMINISTRATOR APPOINTED WITH EFFECT FROM DECEMBER 1 2019
DWF Claims have been appointed as the new claims administrators for the GAA Injury Benefit Fund with effect from December 1 2019. This means that DWF Claims will take over all queries, the reporting of all new claims and the handling of existing claims with effect from December 1 2019. To coincide with this momentous change, we have introduced a new logo!
As noted in the email issued to all Club Secretaries on November 26 2019, this will require all clubs to register for the new claims portal using the link provided in the email and the portal will provide access to all existing claims. This change will provide the following improvements to the handling of the Fund
- Full IT end to end solution for claims from notification until settlement
- All documentation can be uploaded on the portal and no requirement for originals to be posted in
- Direct payment of Injury Fund benefits to the affiliated unit
- County Board will no longer be required to sign off on the County Board declaration
- Faster turnaround on payments as County Board will no longer be receiving same
- At a glance details of payments issued on claims and documents outstanding for cases to be paid
- Better reporting capabilities for the use of affiliated units and GAA HQ to make decisions on the future of the Fund and the benefits it provides
- Claims reporting App will be available in early 2020 to compliment the claims reporting portal
Please see the updated 2020 Summary Document on the left for details on the GAA Injury Fund 2020 including:
- Team Registration for the Fund - Page 4
- Benefits - Page 6 - 8
- New Claims Process - Page 12
- Claims Bands Explained - How is your clubs claims band calculated
- Training Manual for DWF Claims Portal
You will note there is no Claim Form available online, as per the terms of the Fund since 2018 it has been mandatory for all claims to be notified online within 60 days from the date of injury. No claim form will be accepted if submitted. Please discard all previous claim forms from your club and update your club websites to remove the previous claim forms and advise your members of the notification process.
GAA Injury Fund Claims Handlers
DWF Claims - InjuryFundGAA@DWFClaims.com - 01 790 9455
For further information on the GAA Player Injury Fund, please contact the Injury Fund team in Croke Park:
GAA Injury Fund Manager
Ciara Clarke – Ciara.Clarke@gaa.ie