2022 GAA National Club Draw winners announced
More than €1.2m has been raised through the 2022 GAA National Club Draw, with this years’ winners confirmed following the draw on Thursday.
Now in its ninth year, the NCD continues to be a valued source of income for clubs who get involved and since its establishment has raised more than €14.5m for clubs all over Ireland.
Uachtarán CLG Larry McCarthy and Ard Stiúrthóir Tom Ryan presided over the draw – which was independently observed by Brian Cormack of Mazars who confirmed the validity of the results.
The top prize of a new Dacia Duster car was won by Aidan Conlon of Clontarf GAA Club in Dublin.
There was a top cash prize of €2,000 won by Lauri McCusker of Belnaleck Art McMurrough’s GAA Club in Co Fermanagh.
There were eight other top prizes of All-Ireland football and hurling final packages won by tickets sold to people in clubs in Louth, Donegal, Mayo, Fermanagh and Dublin.
Uachtarán CLG Larry McCarthy praised all of those clubs who took part and also thanked the Ulster Council for their successful efforts to have clubs in the Six Counties deemed eligible to participate through the passing of new legislation in the Assembly at Stormont.
He said: “This draw was set up by Central Council to benefit clubs and inject capital into the clubs for their own operations, and up to €25,000 can be raised by any one particular club. It is the ninth year it has been in existence and all the risk is taken by Central Council because they provide the prizes and do the promotional material and do all the back up in terms of the draw.
“I’d also like to thank the Ulster Council for their ability to get the draw up and running in the North of Ireland this year, legislation was passed that allowed Ulster clubs to take part and they have benefitted from the draw.
“The draw has raised more than €14.5m euros in the last nine years and this year it has raised €1.24m so it is a very good opportunity for clubs to raise money throughout the country.
“I’d like to thank everyone involved, the staff inside in Croke Park who managed it and I encourage all clubs up and down the country to participate because it is a wonderful opportunity for you to raise funds for your own clubs with the risk all taken by Central Council.”
All money raised by clubs through the sale of their allocation of €10/£10 tickets is retained fully by that club.
In addition to the individual prizes, there are club specific prizes for clubs in each county who sell at least 200 tickets and they go into a draw for €1,000 each. The top selling club in each province is also awarded a €1,000 prize with Clontarf in Dublin and Micheál Breathnach’s the Leinster and Connacht winners having both sold more than 2,200 tickets. Kilmurry Ibrickane in Clare were Munster winners with sales of more than 1,700 and Naomh Bríd in Donegal were Ulster winners with sales of more than 1,500.
There were 206 clubs who sold more than 200 tickets and they were also all entered into a draw for €5,000 which resulted in success for Arklow Rocks Parnells in Wicklow, Turin in Westmeath and Araglen in Cork.
The full list of winners is below.
GAA National Club Draw 2022 Winners
1. All New Dacia Duster Essential TCe100 – Aidan Conlon, Clontarf GAA, Dublin
2. €2,000 Cash – Lauri Mc Cusker, Belnaleck Art McMurroughs GAA, Co. Fermanagh
3. All Ireland Hurling & Football Final Package 2022 – Doireann O’Leary, Clontarf GAA, Dublin
4. All Ireland Hurling & Football Final Package 2022 – David Millar, St Fechins GAA, Co. Louth
5. All Ireland Football Final Package 2022 – Ger Owens, Naomh Bríd GAA, Co. Donegal
6. All Ireland Hurling Final Package 2022 – Lorraine Swan, Fingallians GAA, Dublin
7. All Ireland Football Final Package 2022 – Janet Casey, Clan na Gael Fontenoy GAA, Dublin
8. All Ireland Hurling Final Package 2022 – Gerard Boyle, Teemore Shamrocks GAA, Co. Fermanagh
9. All Ireland Football Final Package 2022 – James Healy, Cill Chomain GAA, Co. Mayo
10. All Ireland Hurling Final Package 2022 – Mike O’Connor, Clan na Gael Fontenoy GAA, Dublin
Club Specific Draw
Clubs who won €5,000 in the National Club Draw
1. Arklow Rocks Parnells GAA, Co. Wicklow
2. Turin GAA, Co. Westmeath
3. Araglen GAA, Co. Cork
Clubs who won €1,000 in the National Club Draw
1. Annaghdown GAA, Co. Galway
2. Drumkeerin GAA, Co. Leitrim
3. Balla GAA, Co. Mayo
4. Kilbride GAA, Co. Roscommon
5. Coolera Strandhill GAA, Co. Sligo
6. Fenagh GAA, Co. Carlow
7. St. Oliver Plunkett’s Eoghan Ruadh GAA, Dublin
8. Raheens GAA, Co. Kildare
9. Piltown GAA, Co. Kilkenny
10. The Heath GAA, Co. Laois
11. Dromard GAA, Co. Longford
12. Sean O’Mahonys GAA, Co. Louth
13. Clann na nGael GAA, Co. Meath
14. Belmont GAA, Co. Offaly
15. Ringtown GAA, Co. Westmeath
16. Glynn Barntown Rounders GAA, Co. Wexford
17. Blessington GAA, Co. Wicklow
18. Eire Óg Ennis GAA, Co. Clare
19. Sarsfields GAA, Co. Cork
20. Abbeydorney GAA, Co. Kerry
21. Adare GAA, Co. Limerick
22. Cahir GAA, Co. Tipperary
23. The Nire GAA, Co. Waterford
24. Mountnugent GAA, Co. Cavan
25. Naomh Muire Lower Rosses GAA, Co. Donegal
26. Latton GAA, Co. Monaghan
27. All Saints Ballymena GAA, Co. Antrim
28. An Port Mor GAA, Co. Armagh
29. Kevin Lynchs Dungiven GAA, Co. Derry
30. Lisnaskea Emmetts GAA, Co. Fermanagh
31. Dromore St. Dympnas GAA, Co. Tyrone
Highest Ticket Sales in each Province - €1,000 each
Connacht – Micheal Breathnach GAA, Co. Galway
Leinster – Clontarf GAA, Dublin
Munster – Kilmurry Ibrickane GAA, Co. Clare
Ulster – Naomh Bríd GAA, Co. Donegal