Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Hurling Quarter Finals draw
Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Hurling Quarter Finals Format
The All-Ireland Series shall be organised as follows;
· The Munster & Leinster winners shall automatically qualify for separate Semi-Finals and may not meet the defeated finalists of their own province at this stage.
· A ‘round-robin’ All-Ireland Series shall be organised to produce two more All-Ireland Semi-Finalists. The three participating teams shall be Gaillimh and the defeated Munster & Leinster finalists.
· Fixtures shall be arranged so that the winner of the first game of the three games shall play in the second game. If the first game is drawn, the team in the second game shall be decided on the toss of a coin.
· The top two teams in the ‘round-robin’ group shall qualify for the semi-finals. In the event of teams finishing on equal points at the end of the ‘round-robin’ series, their placing shall be determined by the following tie-break means and in the order specified.
i. Score difference – subtracting the total Scores against from the total Scores for;
ii. Highest Total Scores For;
iii. Highest Total Goals Scored;
· Where all three teams finish level on points and cannot be separated by the tie-break means outlined above, one team shall go forward on the basis of a draw and a ‘Play-Off’ shall be staged involving the two remaining teams to determine the second team qualifying for the Semi-Finals.
Round 1 - Saturday 21st May
Gaillimh v Mumhan Runner Up
Round 2 - Saturday 28th May
Laighean Runner Up v Round 1 Winner
Round 3 - Saturday 4th June
Round 1 loser v Laighean Runner Up
Leinster Winner v Qualifier Group Team*
Munster Winner v Qualifier Group Team*
* Subject to avoidance of repeat Provincial Finals.
Semi-Final Winner v Semi-Final Winner