#GAAyouth Forum 2017 - Saturday 28th October - Apply Now!
How to Apply:
600 delegate places are up for grabs for male and female players in three age groups: 12 - 15 (Junior Cert Cycle); 16 - 18 (Leaving Cert Cycle) and 19 - 21. The online application process is NOW OPEN and there are two ways to apply:
- Online Application by an Individual: A young player can complete an individual form online and identify an adult in their Club who supports their application. Click here to complete the individual application form.
- Online Application by a Club: A Club can complete an application form to nominate a young player/s from the Club to attend the Forum (max. 4 players, ages 12 -21). Click here to complete a Club application form.
The online application process will close on Friday 6th October and successful applicants will be informed by Friday 20th October.
#GAAyouth Forum 2017 - Saturday 28th October, Croke Park
Are you a GAA player aged 12 - 21 years old? Would you like to improve your performance as a player? Would you like to learn more about balancing the demands of study and sport? Would you like to get inside the minds of some of the top Inter-County players in the country?
If so, apply to attend the FREE #GAAyouth Forum supported by Sky Sports. The #GAAyouth Forum is designed by young players, for young players and has the full support of the GAA, LGFA and the Camogie Association. The Forum is fun and informative with a mix of interactive exhibitions, workshops, high profile speakers and a Q&A session.
With workshops designed for three specific age-grades (12 - 15; 16 - 18; 19 - 21 years), players will leave the Forum having learned invaluable tips and tools that will help them to develop as a player and as a person.
There will be a number of activities at the Forum including:
- Exhibition Zone: Interactive demos about everything from preparing healthy lunches to hurley care and repair!
- Plenary Session: Diarmuid 'Gizzy' Lyng will open the 2017 #GAAyouth Forum with the assistance of musicians from Rhythm Corporation.
- Workshops: Experts, coaches and players including Orlagh Farmer, Ciarán Kikenny, Juliet Murphy, Cathal Cregg and David Herity will address a range of issues from Fuelling Performance to Injury Prevention & Recovery to Juggling the Demands in a young player's life.
- Lunchtime Laughs with Rory's Stories: Rory O'Connor brings his renowned characters to life in an interactive comedy gig!
- Q&A: A range of experts and high profile players will answer your questions on a number of topics.
- Lunch Hub: Keep the energy levels high and enjoy the best grub that Croke Park has to offer... all for free!
For the full line-up of workshops and speakers so far please download the Agenda on this page.
Registration is from 9.30am, the Forum commences at 11am and concludes at 4.30pm.
This FREE event will fill up fast so make sure to apply online asap!