#GAAyouth Forum 2018 - Applications Now Closed
The annual #GAAyouth Forum is designed by young players, for young players (ages 12 - 21). The Forum in partnership with Sky Sports is a free event that is a fun, interactive and informative with a mix of exhibitions, talks, workshops and Q&A panels.
The 2018 Forum will take place on Saturday 27th October in Croke Park.
With workshops designed for three specific age-grades (12 - 13; 14 - 15; 16 - 21 years), players will leave the Forum having learned invaluable tips and techniques to help them to develop as a player and as a person.
There will be a number of activities at the Forum including:
- Exhibition Zone - interactive demos about everything from preparing healthy lunches to hurley care and repair!
- Plenary Session - John Horan, Uachtarán CLG, will open the 2018 #GAAyouth Forum with the assistance of the GAA YouthReps.
- Behind the Scenes Match Day Tour - get to hear from Croke Park staff about preparations and behind-the-scenes activity on big match days.
- Workshops and Talks - speakers will address a range of issues from developing leadership skills to overcoming challenges as a player.
- Youth Congress - the 16+ age-group will have an opportunity to discuss and debate a range of issues of importance to Gaelic Games today.
- Q&A - the 2 Johnnie's will put your questions to a range of experts and high profile players on a number of topics.
Registration is from 9.30am, the Forum commences at 11am and concludes at 4.30pm.
This FREE event will fill up fast so make sure to apply online asap!
How to Apply:
500 delegate spots are up for grabs for male and female players in three age-groups: 13 - 13; 14 - 15; 16 - 21. The online application process is open from Monday 1st October to Sunday 7th October and there are two ways to apply:
- Online Application by an Individual: A young player can complete an individual application form online and identify an adult in their Club to endorse their application. Click HERE to complete a form.
- Online Application by a Club: A Club can complete an application form to nominate a young player/s from the Club to attend the Forum (max. 4 players, ages 12 - 21). Click HERE to complete a form.
This year we are also hoping to recruit past delegates to volunteer to be part of the organising team on the day - if you're 16+ and would like to help out on the day please complete an application form by clicking HERE.
For further information please contact Caoimhe Ní Néill - email@example.com (01 865 8622).