The GAA Strategic Plan 2015 – 2017 builds upon the previous seven-year plan, recognising the core values, mission and vision of the Association. Goals and strategies were developed to contribute toward our aspiration to continue to be a community-based, volunteer organisation promoting Gaelic games, Gaelic culture and lifelong participation. This plan sets goals for staff and national committees of volunteers at central level only. Notwithstanding the requirement to align with Central Council policies, Clubs, County Committees and Provincial Councils are being encouraged and supported to develop their own strategic plans and make decisions and investments according to their own unique circumstances.
The strategic goals from 2015 to 2017 are:
1. to increase player and member participation and to support the continued growth of the Association
2. to improve support for county and club volunteers
3. to implement a governance code that will strengthen all units within the Association
4. to improve the financial, commercial and fundraising framework for our units
5. to utilise all communication platforms to engage effectively with players, coaches, administrators, members, supporters and the wider public
6. to develop our partnership with the Cumann Camógaíochta and Cumann Peil Gael na mBan
An Implementation Committee including the Uachtarán and Ard Stiúrthóir is overseeing the implementation of the plan. In December 2016, this Committee produced a Progress Report for the Association on the GAA Strategic Plan 2015 – 2017 which reflects on an 18 month period in which huge progress has been made towards its fulfilment. Click here to read the report.