Grassroots to National Programme
The Grassroots to National Programme comprises four key pillars of activity spanning Child, Youth and Adult playing levels - Games Opportunities; Skill Development Initiatives; Applied Lifelong Learning; Organisational Effectiveness.
The following are the overarching goals in respect of each of the four key pillars:
- Games Opportunities: to provide meaningful game opportunities, appropriate to the developmental needs and abilities of players, in order to maximise participation.
- Skill Development: to deliver a series of skill development opportunities, on an incremental basis, in order to optimise playing performance.
- Learning: to propagate an understanding of and engagement with Applied Lifelong Learning (ALL).
- Organisational Effectiveness: to successfully execute activities and undertake change management in a strategic manner through the alignment of structures, personnel and projects.
The following are current projects in this area:
- Games Development Planning Process - We coordinate the implementation of the GNP on an annual basis through the development of integrated National, Provincial and County Games Development Plans that incorporate strategic priorities. These Plans are reviewed quantitatively and qualitatively on a regular basis throughout the year and at year end to monitor progress and inform change.
- Developing Self-Sufficiency – We strive to ensure that the work of Games Development Personnel not only provides a service but serves to build self-sufficiency in the voluntary structures within our Counties, Clubs and within the Education system