Fáilte chuig gaa.ie - suíomh oifigiúil CLG
Laois v Kilkenny - Bord na Mona Walsh Cup Group 2 Second Round

3 January 2018; Conor Martin of Kilkenny takes on the Laois defence during the Bord na Mona Walsh Cup Group 2 Second Round match between Laois and Kilkenny at O’Moore Park in Portlaoise, Co Laois. Photo by Piaras Ó Mídheach/Sportsfile

Wins for Kilkenny, Wexford, and Dublin in Bord na Móna Walsh Cup

Board na Móna Walsh Cup Round 2

Kilkenny 6-24 Laois 1-11

Kilkenny made short work of Laois in tonight’s Walsh Cup Round 2 clash at O’Moore Park, Portlaoise.

The game was already over as a contest by half-time when Kilkenny led by 3-8 to 1-5 after goals from Conor Martin, Chris Bolger and Richie Reid.

Kilkenny piled on the pressure at the start of the second-half to hit six points in a row before Reid finished Laois off with his second and Kilkenny’s fourth goal.

Kilkenny coasted home from there, bagging another couple of goals along the way against a Laois team that couldn’t cope with their speed, strength, skill and finishing power.

Considering this was a Kilkenny selection staffed by young, up and coming players, it bodes well for the strength in depth that manager Brian Cody has to work with this year.

Wexford 1-20 Carlow 0-18

Wexford were made to fight all the way by a battling Carlow in a very competitive and entertaining Bord Na Móna Round 2 clash at Hollymount tonight.

Despite having half-forward Seamus Murphy red-carded in the first half, Carlow gave as good as they got and trailed by just a single-point at the break, 0-9 to 0-8.

The decisive score of the match came in the second-half from Cathal Dunbar when he caught a pass driven across the goal and buried it to the back of the net.

That pushed Wexford 1-15 to 0-15 ahead, and from there they saw out the game against a doughty Carlow side that battled right to the finish.

Dublin 4-17 Meath 0-14

Pat Gilroy’s reign as Dublin manager got off to a positive start with a dominant win over Meath in tonight’s Bord na Móna Walsh Cup clash at Abbotstown.

Donal Burke struck the first serious blow of the game after 14 minutes when his goal helped Dublin into a 1-6 to 0-3 lead, and Meath were playing a fruitless game of catch-up thereafter.

Fionn Ó Riain Broin produced a lovely finish for Dublin’s second goal of the match and by half-time they lead by 2-11 to 0-7.

Some of Dublin’s finishing on the night was of a high calibre, and two more goals from Cian McBride and Ó Riain Broin in the second-half saw Gilroy’s team skate home comfortably. 


Official Sponsors of the GAA Football All-Ireland Championship

Official Sponsors of the GAA Hurling All-Ireland Championship