GAA Special Congress in September
At its meeting on Saturday last, 17 June, Central Council considered the proposals for the reform of the GAA Hurling championships and made several decisions as follows:
• Counties/provinces have until Friday 14 July to suggest amendments to the proposals on the Hurling championships as currently drafted
• CCCC will consider these suggested amendments and motions will then be finalised on behalf of Central Council for consideration at a Special Congress.
• On receipt of these motions, each County Committee and Provincial Council will be given the opportunity to submit a motion to the Special Congress
• Special Congress will consist of Central Council, the past Presidents, and delegates from the counties on the basis of two delegates per county.
• Special Congress will take place on Saturday 30 September
Central Council also gave permission for the Special Congress to consider motions from the Standing Committee on the Playing Rules and motions from CCCC that aim to make more weekends available for club games.