Fáilte chuig gaa.ie - suíomh oifigiúil CLG
David Mulgrew of Tyrone in action against Stephen Murray of Cavan during the Bank of Ireland Dr McKenna Cup Round 2 match between Tyrone and Cavan at Healy Park in Omagh, Tyrone. 
David Mulgrew of Tyrone in action against Stephen Murray of Cavan during the Bank of Ireland Dr McKenna Cup Round 2 match between Tyrone and Cavan at Healy Park in Omagh, Tyrone. 

Sunday's inter-county football round-up


Tipperary 1-13 Kerry 1-11

Clare 3-14 Waterford 3-7


Roscommon 1-15 Sligo 0-14


Donegal 1-12 Monaghan 0-14

Tyrone 1-16 Cavan 0-13

Antrim 2-8 Fermanagh 0-13

David Power got his first win as Tipperary senior football manager this afternoon in Clonmel as his charges recorded a 1-13 to 1-11 win over Kerry, represented by the U-20 panel, in the McGrath Cup.

Conor Sweeney kicked 1-5 in the first half with Steven O’Brien adding two late points as they did most of the damage in the first half, going in 1-8 to 0-5 in front. That was still the gap between the sides with just over ten minutes to play, but Paul O’Shea, who had been the main threat for the Kingdom throughout, fired in a late goal to keep it close.

Also this afternoon in this competition, Clare hosted Waterford in Miltown Malbay in a dead rubber competition, with both sides already eliminated thanks to earlier defeats to Limerick.

Waterford started brightly and led by four points at the break, albeit after playing with a strong wind, but two second half goals from Gavin Cooney turned the tide and Clare ran out 3-14 to 3-7 winners.

A sensational last-minute goal from Paddy McBride, his second goal of the game, snatched victory for Antrim over Fermanagh in their McKenna Cup clash at Ahoghill.

Fermanagh had the better of the first half and led by 0-8 to 0-4 at the break, and still looked to be in control when they bounced back well from McBride’s first goal to lead by 0-11 to 1-4. Points from McBride, Eunan Walsh and Conor Murray set up a dramatic finish however and the coup de grace was a stunning goal for the St. John’s man.

A point was the final margin at Ballybofey too, where 14-man Donegal overcame a poor start to reel in Monaghan. Jack McCarron shot four points and Chris McGuinness two as Monaghan moved 0-7 to 0-2 clear early in the game, before taking an 0-9 to 0-7 interval lead.

Brendan McCole’s dismissal early in the second half opened the door to another Monaghan surge but instead Peadar Morgan’s goal put Donegal in front and they were never pegged back, though they did need goalkeeper Shaun Patton to save their bacon by parrying a late Shane Carey penalty.

Conall McCann’s goal, right in the middle of a dominant third-quarter spell in which Tyrone scored 1-4 without reply, was the key ingredient in the Red Hand county’s 1-16 to 0-13 win over Cavan at Kingspan Breffni Park.

Conn Kilpatrick was the standout performer for Mickey Harte’s side as he dominated the midfield battle, though points from Martin Reilly and Niall Murray ensured that Cavan were well in touch, just two points adrift at the break.

The early part of the second half as one way traffic however as Tyrone quickly built up a commanding lead.

Despite starting with just one player from the team that started the 2019 Connacht final, Anthony Cunningham’s Roscommon opened their 2020 campaign with a win in Markievicz Park this afternoon, Cian McKeon’s goal in the 23rd minute of the second half the key score in their 1-15 to 0-14 win over Sligo.

McKeon, Shane Killoran and Andy Glennon were all prominent in the first half as the visiting side built up an 0-9 to 0-4 interval lead, but scores from Darragh Cummins, Paddy O’Connor and Liam Gaughan cut the gap back to a single point before McKeon’s goal gave the Rossies a bit more breathing room, and ensured their safe passage to a semi-final clash with Leitrim at Carrick-on-Shannon next Sunday.

Official Sponsors of the GAA Football All-Ireland Championship

Official Sponsors of the GAA Hurling All-Ireland Championship

Live Competitions