#GAAyouth Forum 2015 – Saturday 24th October
‘Your Voice, Your Lifestyle, Your GAA’
#GAAyouth is an initiative run by the GAA Youth Committee in order to listen to, respect and engage with the views of young people in the GAA. In 2014 a Consultation Day was held with over 100 young members who told the Committee about the topics they want to discuss and influence in the GAA – among the key issues were Coaching, Fixtures & Training schedules, Gender Equality and Player Welfare.
As a direct outcome of the Consultation Day, the theme for the 2015 #GAAyouth Forum is ‘Your Voice, Your Lifestyle, Your GAA’ and the focus of the day will be on:
- Healthy Lifestyle – the do’s and don’ts
- Practical tips to improve your Game – debunking the myths around Strength & Conditioning
- The #GAAyouth Forum will be held on Saturday 24th October in Croke Park (10.30am – 4.30pm). The Forum is open to male and female club players in two age groups: 12 – 16 and 17 – 21. Delegates attending the Forum will be provided with an opportunity to:
- Keep ‘Lifestyle Diary’
- Learn how to improve their game through proper Food & Nutrition
- Improve their knowledge of S&C in the Croke Park Warm-Up Rooms
- Discuss how young people can influence changes in relation to Player Welfare in the GAA
Workshops on the day are being developed by experts in the field including Brendan Egan (Sport & Exercise Science Lecturer/Sligo Footballer), Cathal Cregg (Connacht GAA S&C Advisor/Roscommon Footballer) and Michael Fennelly (S&C Lecturer/All Ireland winning Kilkenny Hurler).
The Forum is being run in conjunction with the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) with the support of the Ladies Gaelic Football Association (LGFA) and An Cumann Camógaíochta.
How to Apply:
200 delegate places are up for grabs for male and female players in two age groups: 12 – 16 and 17 – 21. The online application process is NOW OPEN and there are two ways to apply:
- Online Application by an Individual
- A young player can complete an individual application form online and identify an adult in their Club who endorses their application
Online Application by a Club
A Club can complete an application form to nominate a young player/s from the Club to attend the Forum (max. 2 players, ages 12 - 21).
Both the forms are available below. The closing date for applications is Friday 9nd October and successful applicants will be informed by Friday 16th October. Once an individual or Club receives confirmation that the application was successful, the delegate will be asked to complete a parental consent form (under 18’s).
Application by an Individual - click here
Application by Club - click here
Kellogg's GAA Cúl Camps provide boys and girls with an action-packed and fun-filled week of GAA activity.
Develop your skills with fun and enjoyable GAA Go Games
Official GAA site for boys & girls - interviews, articles, statistics, history, basic skills & activities
Info on promoting respect, discipline for players towards match officials and each other