Below is a list of all county colours. Why not find out about your own county!
Antrim/Aontroim – Saffron and White
The Antrim colours were adopted from the famous Shauns Club and have been worn since inter-county football began except for a short period.
Armagh/Ard Mhacha – Orange and White
Up to 1926 Armagh wore the same colours as Kilkenny. In 1926 they played Dublin in the All-Ireland Junior Semi-Final and wore jerseys knit specially for them by nuns in Omeath in the colours which are used at present.
Dublin/Áth Cliath – Sky Blue and Navy
Dublin wore the colours of the Club Champions up to 1918 when the sky blue shade with the crest was adopted. The change to the present kit was made in 1974.
Cavan/An Cabhàn – Blue and White
Royal blue has been used by Cavan since 1910. The white trim was introduced for the 1947 All-Ireland Senior Football Final against Kerry, which was played in the Polo Grounds, New York.
Carlow/Ceatharlach – Green, Red and Yellow
Up to 1910, Carlow used the colours of the county champions. In that year a set of green jerseys with red and yellow hoops were presented to the county teams. These colours with pattern changes have been used since.
Kerry/Ciarraí – Green and Gold
Up to the 1903 drawn All-Ireland Football Final, the Kerry colours were green and red but were changed to green and gold for the replay when Kerry won their first All-Ireland title. The colours have been retained since then.
Kilkenny/Cill Chainnigh- Black and Amber
The familiar black and amber jersey originated in 1910 with the presentation of new jerseys to Kilkenny by John F. Drennan. This settled a dispute that had arisen about the colours to be worn.
Kildare/Cill Dara – All White
The distinctive all-white of Kildare derived from the colours of the Clane club which won the county championship in 1903.
Wicklow/Cill Mhantáin – Blue and Gold
Bray Emmets were Wicklow county champions at the turn of the century and wearing a green jersey won the All- Ireland club championship of 1901/2. The Wicklow inter-county team wore green until the early 1930s. Blue with a gold hoop was then used until the changeover to the present style in 1970.
Clare/An Clàr – Saffron and Blue
Tulla was the first club to be established and the Clare jersey reflects this connection. Originally the jersey was saffron with a blue sash, but around 1920 the present hoop replaced the sash.
Cork/Corcaigh – Red and White
Cork played in a saffron and blue jersey, with a large C on the chest, up to 1919. These jerseys were confiscated by British authorites and the County Committee borrowed a set of red and white jerseys. These colours were then retained.
Derry/Doire – Red and White
Red was the traditional Derry colour. In 1947 Derry played in the National League final in a set of white jerseys with a red band. These colours or the alternative of a red jersey with a white band have been worn since.
Down/An Dún – Red and Black
A red jersey was worn by Down up to 1922. From 1923 a blue jersey with white trim was worn. In 1933 Down changed back to an all red jersey but with black collar and cuffs. Black shorts were first worn in 1962.
Donegal/Dún na nGall – Green and Gold
Donegal have always worn green and gold and until 1966 wore green with a gold hoop. After a short spell wearing the gold jersey with green shorts, they returned to the hooped version in the late 70’s and early 80’s, before re-adopting the gold jersey for the All Ireland semi final of 1992.
Fermanagh/Fear Manach – Green and White
Fermanagh originally used green and white hoops, the colours of the then County champions Teemore. Around 1934/35 a green jersey with yellow trim was used and this was later changed to white trim. Occasionally the county team wears a green jersey with red shorts.
Galway/Gaillimh – Maroon and White
In Galway as in many other counties the colours of the county champions were used originally. The changeover to the present jersey took place in 1936 and the crest was added about 1956. Maroon shorts are occasionally worn.
Westmeath/An Iarmhí – Maroon and White
Up to 1912 Westmeath wore a green jersey with a white hoop. This was later changed to a maroon jersey with a saffron sash. The sash was dropped in 1936 and the present jersey has been used ever since.
Laois – Blue and White
Laois wore a set of black and amber hoops in which they won their only All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship in 1915. The blue jersey with a white hoop was adopted in 1932 but Lais wore an all blue jersey with white trim when wiining the Leinster football title in 2003.
Leitrim/Liatroim – Green and Gold
The Leitrim colours of green with a gold hoop date from about 1917, though white and green was sometimes worn in the 1920s. In 1927 when playing Kerry in the All Ireland Semi-Final in Tuam they wore the Dublin jerseys. In the early 1990’s Leitrim dropped their hoop and now play in green with a gold trim.
Wexford/Loch Garman – Purple and Gold
In the 1891 Hurling Final Wexford (Crossbeg) wore green and amber. In 1899 Blackwater represented the county wearing black and amber. Purple and amber was introduced in 1913. The placing of the colours has alternated over the years.
London/Londain – Green and White
London play in the Connacht championship in football and the Ulster championship in hurling.
Longford/An Longfort – Blue and Gold
Green and white hooped jerseys were used by Longford up to 1918 when a royal blue jersey with a gold sash was adopted. Around 1930 the sash disappeared but the gold trim was retained.
Louth/An Lú – Red and White
Louth have worn red and white colours since 1885. In 1957, when Louth won the All Ireland, a St Brigids Cross was presented to the team and the crest was included on the jersey in 1958.
Limerick/Luimneach – Green and White
Limerick wore green with a white sash when winning the 1918 All Ireland Final but in the 1921 final wore green and white hoops. The present jersey was adopted in 1924.
Mayo/Maigh Eo – Green and Red
Mayo's jersey had a v-neck style until the early 50's when a white collar and cuffs were added. The crest was introduced in 1961.
Meath/An Mhí – Green and Gold
A green jersey with a gold sash was used by the Meath team from 1908. The sash eventually disappeared, being replaced by the all green jersey with gold trim.
Monaghan/Muineachán – Blue and White
In Monaghan, up to 1913, the colours of the county champions were worn. The white jersey then had a blue band around 1920. Black and amber were used for a while in the mid-30s but in 1942 the original white with blue trim was reintroduced.
New York/Nua-Eabhrac – Blue and White
New York participate in the Connacht football championship and have also taken part in the Ulster hurling championship.
Waterford/Port Láirge – White and Blue
Waterford first took the royal blue of Munster with white cuffs for its county jersey. In 1938 the jersey was changed to white with royal blue trim.
Roscommon/Ros Comáin – Primrose and Blue
The Roscommon jersey was either black and amber or black and white prior to 1938. Blue with a yellow band was also used. The present colour scheme was adopted for the 1943 final.
Sligo/Sligeach – Black and White
At one time the Sligo jersey was all black. A white band was introduced around 1925. Sligo was the only county to have an all black jersey. Since 1970 the county teams have been using a white jersey with black trim and black shorts but changed to the original All black in 2001.
Tipperary/Tiobraid Árann – Blue and Gold
Up to about 1925 the Tipperary team usually wore the colours of the county champions. In 1925 the present gold hoop on a blue jersey was introduced. These colours reflected the influence of Tubberadora and other great Tipperary champions.
Tyrone/Tír Eoghain – White and Red
The present Tyrone jersey has been used since around 1927. The crest is the Red Hand of the O'Neill clan whose family seat was at Dungannon.
Offaly/Uíbh Fhailí – Green, White and Gold
The national colours were very popular with clubs and counties in the early days of the GAA. Offaly earned the right to use them in Leinster as a result of a special competition. Several variations of the colours have been worn in recent years.