Graduate IT Engineer
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael is Ireland’s leading sporting and cultural organisation with membership approaching one million people and more than 500,000 playing participants at all levels. Inspired and supported by the voluntary efforts of its members, the GAA is focused on the development and promotion of Gaelic Games and culture nationally and in local communities. Home of the GAA, Croke Park Stadium is Ireland’s foremost sporting and entertainment venue. Over 1,500,000 visitors are welcomed annually to national and international events and the Croke Park campus also features the Croke Park Conference Centre and GAA Museum.
GAA (Croke Park) are looking for an ambitious Graduate IT Engineer to join our highly skilled IT Team. As a member of IT team you’ll be working with the latest technologies in delivering an exceptional service.
You will join as a Graduate IT Engineer and join an IT team that is committed to assist in your career development.
Along with a high-quality career development program, you will receive a competitive graduate salary, as well as additional benefits.
Our IT Department holds responsibility for the GAA and Croke Park networks and systems. They support and maintain the technology infrastructure within the GAA and Croke Park stadium and are at the forefront of deploying best in class solutions for the associations and Croke Park requirements and needs. This team work across all aspects of networks and work to ensure we offer the service to our members and patrons.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Possessing the technical knowledge to understand how changes impact the engineering quality, productivity and efficiency;
• Assisting the IT Manager with technical solutions;
• Working with all external third parties to understand their technology process flows;
• Early identification of potential networks and system issues, understanding the impact and responsibility for putting in place remedial action;
• Identification, analysis and implementation of process, productivity and / or efficiency improvement opportunities;
• Responsibility for day-to-day performance against Quality of Service Desk targets.
Key Requirements of the Post:
• Honours degree in Engineering or Computer Science related degree;
• Fluent English;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills and the ability to deliver to tight timescales;
• Demonstrated experience working in a team environment to deliver effective results;
• Ability to plan work and deliver results to achieve objectives and targets against a background of competing priorities;
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
• Creativity and enthusiasm
• Some previous experience working within an engineering/technology based environment either via industrial placement or previous career would be considered a distinct advantage.
Candidates interested in the above role should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Motivation Letter to email@example.com on or before 5 p.m. on Friday 20th December 2013.
GAA is an equal opportunities employer