Junior IT Engineer. 6 Month Contract – Immediate Start
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael is Ireland’s leading sporting and cultural organisation with membership approaching one million people and more than 500,000 playing participants at all levels. Inspired and supported by the voluntary efforts of its members, the GAA is focused on the development and promotion of Gaelic Games and culture nationally and in local communities. Home of the GAA, Croke Park Stadium is Ireland’s foremost sporting and entertainment venue. Over 1,500,000 visitors are welcomed annually to national and international events and the Croke Park campus also features the Croke Park Conference Centre and GAA Museum.
The GAA are looking for an ambitious Junior IT Engineer to join our highly skilled IT Team. As a member of the IT team you will be working with the latest technologies in delivering an exceptional service.
The IT Department holds responsibility for the GAA and Croke Park networks and systems. They support and maintain the technology infrastructure within the GAA and Croke Park Stadium and are at the forefront of deploying best in class solutions to meet all IT needs and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Level 1 IT Support;
- Assisting the IT Manager with technical solutions;
- Working with all external third parties to understand their technology process flows;
- Early identification of potential networks and system issues, taking remedial action where necessary;
- Analysis and implementation of processes and procedures;
- Identifying productivity and/or efficiency improvement opportunities;
- Responsibility for day-to-day performance against Quality of Service Desk targets.
Key Requirements of the Post:
- Third Level IT Qualification;
- Previous experience working within an engineering/technology based environment.
- Experience of delivering high standard general IT support;
- Fluent English;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills and the ability to deliver to tight timescales;
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment to deliver effective results;
- Ability to plan work and deliver results to achieve objectives and targets against a background of competing priorities;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Creativity and enthusiasm.
Candidates interested in the above role should apply by emailing an up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5pm Wednesday 8th October 2014.
GAA is an equal opportunities employer.