Artane School of Music
The Artane School of Music is the home of the world famous Artane Band which was founded in 1872 and has grown and developed to become a centre of excellence in music learning and performance in North Dublin. Students are given the opportunity to develop as musicians and as people while performing locally, nationally and internationally. The Artane School provides Individual tuition for students of all levels, including Junior and Leaving Certificate tuition and Music Theory classes.
Manager Artane School of Music
- Reporting to the volunteer led Board of Management and working closely with the Chairman, sub-committees and senior staff, the Manager will be responsible for:
- Implementing the Vision and Strategies for the ongoing development, growth and enhancement of the Artane School of Music.
- Delivering on the Strategic Plan and developing short and long term goals to achieve the School’s objectives.
- Co-ordinating and supporting the activities of management and staff to deliver musical education of the highest quality
- Ensuring that the funding streams are in place to finance the activities of the School and to maintain, develop and optimise the use of its physical resources.
- Attending Board meetings, reporting on School activities and implementing follow-up actions arising from decisions taken
- Attending the Facilities, Finance, Communications/Marketing and Musical Activities Committee meetings and co-ordinating their work so that their activities complement each other
- In cooperation with the Musical Activities Committee, playing a leadership role in the annual student recruitment effort
- Liaison between students, parents and the School
- In cooperation with the Board and senor staff ensuring that sufficient teachers, with the appropriate qualification levels, are in place to meet the needs of the School and to deliver musical education of the highest quality
- Responsible for School discipline in cooperation with Director of Music and Head of Musicianship
- In cooperation with the Finance Committee, responsible for financial planning, generating budgets, collecting tuition and performance fees, and fundraising and accessing public funds
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Child Protection and Health and Safety Policies
- In cooperation with the Director of Music, responsible for seeking, accepting and confirming Band bookings and making travel arrangements for the Band
- In cooperation with the Facilities Committee, ensuring that the School facilities are well maintained, fit for purpose and are used to their optimum capacity
- Responsible for communications, community relations and maintenance of internet and social media sites in cooperation with the Communications/Marketing Committee
- Responsible for good governance at the School and for compliance with all legal, regulatory, financial and revenue requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that the day to day operation of the facility including opening, closing, maintenance and janitorial operations are carried out.
- Managing third party use of the building to provide ongoing income streams
The Manager of the Artane School of Music will be responsible for leading this unique institution in the North Dublin area and for achieving the following objective:
“Artane School of Music is recognised as one of Ireland’s leading schools of music providing outstanding tuition and development to students and has become recognised as a leading performer in concert/recitals and events in Ireland and overseas.”
Specific requirements of the position will include:
- Education to third level, preferably but not necessarily with a musical content and/or significant management/administrative experience in the private or public sector.
- Experience of interaction with volunteer/community led organisations or groups
- Demonstrated competence in team leadership and the implementation of efficient systems of work
- A track record of accessing public funding and generating finance through fund raising
- Superior written and oral communication skills with IT proficiency
- Proven commitment to fostering high ethical standards, child protection, corporate governance and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
Interested candidates should apply in writing, enclosing a CV to the Secretary, Artane School of Music, St. David’s Park, Artane, Dublin 5, by Friday December 12th 2014.
For more information please follow the link http://artanemusic.ie/vacancies/
Artane School of Music is an equal opportunities employer.